Coconut Crusted Chicken Strips
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1/2 cup (or less) coconut flour
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup (or less) of full-fat coconut milk
• 1 cup (more or less) shredded coconut
• Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Using a heavy object, like a rolling pin, tenderize the chicken breasts so that they flatten to an even thickness. Cut the chicken into long strips that are about 3/4″ to 1″ in width.
You will need three bowls; one for the coconut flour, one for the coconut milk/egg mixture (just beat the eggs and milk together) and one for the shredded coconut. Coat each chicken strip in the coconut flour, then dunk in the egg and milk mixture and finally coat with the shredded coconut.
When finished, place the chicken strips on a large baking sheet, leaving some space between each strip. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken has completely cooked through.
Serve the strips hot, garnished with a sprinkle of the minced chives and a side of the Creamy Honey-Mango Dipping Sauce.
Creamy Honey-Mango Dipping Sauce
• 1/2 cup Paleo approved mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks, thawed
• 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
• 1 tablespoon honey
• Pinch (small) curry powder
• 3-4 drops hot sauce of choice (add more if you like it a bit more spicy)
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Add all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and process until completely combined and well-blended.
Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for a couple of days.